BDACT is looking for engaging, enterprising, and enthusiastic community leaders who would like to serve as Board of Directors Members for our thriving Community Theater and Entertainment Venue.
What does a Board of Directors Member do?
The BDACT Board of Directors meets monthly to collaborate on all program development, implementation, and maintenance elements of programs and events held in the BDACT space. Members are expected to serve on special committees, as well as to attend and/or serve at BDACT functions when possible. This position is a three-year voluntary term.
Currently, Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm and attendance is mandatory. Membership may be automatically revoked after four unexcused absences.
Who can serve as a Board of Directors Member?
Any 18+ community member in good standing with BDACT (whether patron or participatory member) can apply to be a Board Member.
We are also looking for individuals who are committed to BDACT’s purpose, which is to:
- Provide educational & personal enrichment opportunities in the performing arts.
- Provide low-cost performance arts to the local community while maintaining financial stability.
- Provide community volunteer opportunities.
- Operate & maintain a performing arts facility.
- Operate as a non-profit corporation under WI statutes.
How can I join the BDACT Board of Directors?
- Before December 7, 2022, nominate yourself or an interested community member by contacting Jill Kaufmann, BDACT 2023 Nominating Chairperson.
- Attend the Annual Meeting on February 5, 2023 once your nomination has been confirmed by the Nominating Committee. Voting will take place at this meeting and those voted in will begin their three-year term at this time. (No Director shall serve for more than two consecutive terms and shall be eligible for reelection following a minimum one-year hiatus.)