Tickets and Show Info Below
Beaver Dam Area Community Theatre (BDACT) must postpone the much-anticipated Holiday Tales show with John McGivern.
Mr. McGivern woke this morning with a case of laryngitis and expressed his disappointment at being unable to perform.
BDACT is in the process of securing a new date for the show and will honor tickets or provide refunds as necessary. Like you, we were very much looking forward to this performance and share your disappointment. We appreciate your patience. Watch for updates as new details are secured.
PERFORMANCES: Saturday, December 4 at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm
TICKETS: $32, $37 & $42 available at the tickets buttons above, the BDACT Box Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am – 4 pm (920-885-6891) or Rechek’s Food Pride.
LOCATION: Kamps Auditorium in the BDACT Fine Arts Center; 117 West Maple Ave. in Beaver Dam.
John McGivern serves up a steady stream of holiday stories from his Eastside of Milwaukee childhood. They recall an age of innocence bounded by Thanksgiving Dinner Traditions, Santa’s handcrafted Christmas toys, Midnight Mass Expectations and New Year’s Eve adult only parties in the Bartlett Avenue finished basement. This show recounts holidays past and present and is guaranteed to generate loads of laughs and a warm, holiday glow.
John is best known for his Emmy-award winning work on PBS. His one-man-shows, THE EARLY STORIES OF JOHN MCGIVERN, MIDSUMMER NIGHT MCGIVERN AND JOHN MCGIVERN’S HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS tell the stories of being the third born of six kids in a working-class Irish Catholic Family in the Midwest.
His stories are personal and funny and touching and familiar. His themes are based in family and remind us all that as specific as we might believe our experiences are, we all share a universal human experience.
John is proud to have been part of WE’RE FUNNY THAT WAY on HBO and OUT THERE II on Comedy Central. He was seen sitting next to Sally Field on POLITICALLY INCORRECT and knighted by Julie Andrews in the hit film THE PRINCESS DIARIES.
REVIEW CURRENT POLICIES BEFORE PURCHASING TICKETS!
- ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE MASKS.
- All volunteers and staff will also be wearing masks, however, the performers will NOT be wearing masks while they are on stage.
- Capacity at the BDACT Fine Arts Center is currently set at 100%.
- Concessions will not be sold during performances.
- BDACT is not liable for Covid-19 related sickness or health conditions patrons may sustain subsequent to their attendance at a BDACT live performance or event.
- If you are feeling ill, you must stay home from the event and BDACT will issue a credit or refund.